I thought this would be the perfect place to find someone looking for an opportunity in a very secure, fairly large, globally distributed environment at Microsoft Universal Store. If you are interested, please ping me - email@example.com.
Here is the JD.
Universal Store Team (UST) enables one of Microsoft’s most business-critical needs: electronic monetization of products and services. UST is developing some of Microsoft’s largest scale, most business-critical cloud services. These services have a huge global footprint of over 240 markets and processes millions of transactions daily, with loads growing linearly as Microsoft moves to a fully cloud-powered services and devices company. The platform powers all of Microsoft’s key businesses – Azure, Office 365, XBOX, Windows App Store, Windows Phone, Bing Ads to name just a few. The platform also powers the licensing business for millions of customers large and small, enabling them to use Microsoft software and services across cloud, on-premises, and hybrid scenarios. Whether renting a movie or buying a game on Xbox LIVE, purchasing an app on a Windows or Windows Phone device, signing up for an Office 365 subscription or paying for Azure services, you are using Universal Store.
In this role you will be responsible for all aspects of the network and the monitoring of the network using SolarWinds products. S/he will actively be committed to ensuring our Live Site meets the availability, reliability and latency requirements.
• Approach engineering challenges with a pro-active and engineering principled mindset
• Instrument services in such a manner that every event is actionable in an automated manner, with full operational supportability
• Serve as Tier 3 escalation point responsible for troubleshooting of the services we build, as well as mentor and coach others
• Demonstrate complex troubleshooting skills, and deep knowledge of owned services running, and working with engineers and vendors to resolve issues
• Participate in defining and developing long-term tooling and platform strategies
• Participate in leading & driving Agile SPRINT processes, planning, deliverables
• Participate in an on call rotation 24x7
• Perform the duties of a route / switch network engineer
• Administer, upgrade, and troubleshoot SolarWinds Orion (SWON) products
• Write scripts using PowerShell and/or code using C# to automate and configure SWON
• Engage in service capacity planning and demand forecasting, software performance analysis and system tuning
• Participate actively in code reviews, bug/issue triage with the feature teams, and support well informed decisions towards business and engineering goals
• Review and influence ongoing design, architecture, standards and methods for operating services and systems; assess design and code changes to drive improvements
• Conduct periodic on call duties
• A BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent experience
• 5+ years network engineering experience (online services preferred) and experience in testing, deploying and supporting large scale services on Azure, AWS or similar environments
• 2+ years supporting SolarWinds Orion
• Excellent PowerShell and/or C# coding skills