1 Reply Latest reply on Mar 15, 2018 1:22 PM by st.crispan

Using Linux/Unix Script Monitor to parse CURL output - McAfee EPO template

st.crispan

I'm trying to get Orion Linux/Unix Script Monitor to parse a CURL output.  I have the bash command to get the output, what I can't seem to do is make Orion see the Message Statistic fields at the end of the script.  I need someone to tell me what I'm missing.

First my CURL statement, and the output I get on my Linux box, command first and output right after:

[USER@SERVER tmp]$ x=`curl -s -k -u user:'password' 'https://192.168.1.1:8443/remote/core.executeQuery?target=DC_VW_OSS_STATUS&select=(select%20DC_VW_OSS_STATUS.AvgReqProcessTime)&where=(eq%20DC_VW_OSS_STATUS.IPAddress%20"10.100.31.59")' | grep Average` printf "Message:AvgScan:\n";printf "\t$x" | awk -F: {'print $1'} | printf "Statistic:AvgScan:\t";y=`echo "$x" | awk -F: {'print $2'} |  tr -d '\015'`;printf "\t$y\n"

Statistic:AvgScan:               0.017518

What Orion tells me when I run this script:

ND Get Output Failed:  Invalid script output. Unable to parse 'Statistic' as number

I'm all but convinced, at this point, that I simply am not outputting the "Message / Statistic" fields right.  Can someone good with creating templates help?