This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Asset Inventory

Two things:

1) I would like to export my Assets from WHD so I can import them into FileMaker Pro, so I can do an inventory with our iPhones using FileMaker GO. I can scan the asset tags by Location/Room and set the Audit Date. The Problem is I cannot export all my Assets. WHD claims I should be able to SHIFT+Click the checkbox to select all assets, but it doesn't work. Does anyone have a workaround other than selecting all assets on each page and doing multiple exports (I have over 11,000 assets so that would take awhile).

2) I was hoping to use the REST API and import all assets from WHD to FileMaker Pro, but it appears the REST API will only do 1000 at a time. Seems like an unusual limitation of WHD. Is this a bug or intended?

I tried helpdesk.neenah.k12.wi.us/.../Assets&apiKey=[mykey] but it appears you must include ?limit= (doesn't say in documentation)

I tried http://helpdesk.neenah.k12.wi.us/helpdesk/WebObjects/Helpdesk.woa/ra/Assets?limit=12000&apiKey=[mykey] (but stops after importing 1000 records)

• So it appears it does work, it just doesn't look like it.

I was expecting to SHIFT-Click and the box would turn "Green" indicating all records were selected (that didn't happen). So when I flipped to the next 100 records, and saw they were not selected, I assumed it wasn't working. BUT then I tried exporting after SHIFT-Clicking and all 11,000 records were indeed exported.

My apologies for the post, but I would ask that SHIFT-Clicking would give a visual indication that all records have been selected (check box turning Green would be good :-)

• FormerMember
    0 FormerMember in reply to bvondeylen

I've have the same question.  I've pressed the SHIFT-Click sequence, I've gotten the green checkmark.  When looking at the assets at the bottom on the screen, WHD shows me that I have 1000+ assets.  When I open up the exported EXCEL file, it shows that I have 1001 assets.  I know I have more than 1001 assets in WHD.

I would like to know how to export all assets. 

• In order to export more than 1000 assets you will need to go under General then under Options.  There is a field called "Max Search Results."  You can increase the number that it returns (I put 10000) so it will pull everything.  I've been told you can also leave it blank and it is supposed to pull everything.  Keep in mind that if you have a lot of assets it will bog down your system when doing a search so you should only do this when the system is not in use much.  I have all of my assets broken down by category and do my searches that way and just merge them because I have so many.  Hope this helps.