This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

LEM Timeout

Hi,

Is there a way to disable the LEM timeout?

I am trying to use the interface on as a NOC view on a TV.  The issue we're having is the Ops Center view will update with new information, but it will not lose information is it reporting on (even though the scope is set to only 30 minutes).  For an item to clear (such as an account lockout), you must refresh the page, although it asks for new login credentials.

Thoughts?

As a secondary topic to throw out there, and I'm not sure if it's better to do this in LEM or SAM(we have both), but I wanted to monitor (with a list of people showing up in LEM or SAM) of accounts that have an expiring password in the next XX days (I was thinking maybe 7 days, but it can be 7 days or 14 days, it doesn't really matter).  That way, they are on our radar just in case they do not change their password. 

Thanks!

• There's not really a timeout such as this that I'm aware of, or at least not some settings to update it.  You can check your settings under Manage -> Appliances and check the Login or Settings tabs under Properties.  If you're refreshing the entire page instead of the widget then you will likely have to sign in again.  To avoid that you can set the account for your NOC view to remember credentials, automatically sign in, etc.

For your second question; LEM is event based.  LEM won't be able to monitor accounts for you unless you just want to be notified when the account finally does expire.  It sounds like you want to set up a custom widget in SAM to track that from what your description mentions.

• Sorry for the delayed reply.

There isn't a "time out" I don't think...although once an item that is on the Ops Center (like "Locked Out Accounts"); the item will remain there until the screen is refreshed or you click to another tab and back to Ops Center, even after the set scope expires.

What I am trying to do:

Use the Ops Center to look at some key items like a NOC screen.  This works pretty well with the Ops Center.  One item is "Account Lockouts less than 30 minutes".
    The settings are:

- Filter:  Account Lockouts

- Visualization Type:  Bar
    - Data Configuration:
         - Field:  Event Name
         - Show:  Count
         - Sort:  descending
         - Versus:  DestinationAccount
    Limit:  10
    Scope:  30 Minutes
    (Resolution is greyed out)
    Refresh:  30 Seconds

When an account is locked out, it pops up.  It will remain on the screen for (I've seen up to 8 hours) before going away.  If I refresh the page, it will then go away and only look at the last 30 minutes.  I feel like this may be by design and by the filter, but maybe there is a trick someone can help with with to do this?  The real idea is to have only problems showing up on this large NOC screen for my team...Once they are unlocked; it's restored (even if it takes 30 minutes to reflect fixed, that's fine).  Otherwise, 4-5 may be there.