This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

In Orion, how do I set an alert when bandwidth on an interface falls below a certain value? Do not want to know when the interface is down.

I am new to SolarWinds - so noob alert here.

End goal: alert sent when bandwidth drops below 150kb/s on select interfaces, but no alert for less than 150kb/s

Background:

Location of device:  AWS VPC

Device/interface being monitored:  Cisco Cloud Services Router

Interface:  DMVPN tunnel interface

I am looking for a way to receive an alert when bandwidth on a Cisco Cloud Services Router interface (DMVPN tunnel) falls below a certain value. I don't want a node down alert, as clients sometimes power off their CSR device.

Reason for alert is to know when performance of the CSR device is degraded. Sometimes the CSR loses it's connection with the Cisco license server and downgrades the bandwidth from 10000 kb/s to 100kb/s. This makes the connection to the subnet unusable. I would like to know this ASAP.

Thanks to anyone reading this.