2 Replies Latest reply on Mar 8, 2018 11:39 AM by sbreame

SAM - File Count Monitor - directory path variables

sbreame

Hello All,

This is my first posting, so don't roast me if this has been posted before, or if it's a stupid question!

If I have a directory structure that consists of a parent directory, containing several subdirectories, which themselves contain several subdirectories, ie...

\\${IP}\Server1\parentDir_1\in

\\${IP}\Server1\parentDir_2\in

\\${IP}\Server1\parentDir_3\in

etc...

, is there a way to set the parentDir_n as a variable to keep the number of individual monitors to a minimum?

ie.  \\${IP}\Server1\${PD}\in

Maybe somebody could suggest a better way to accomplish this?

Any help will be welcomed, thank you.

• Re: SAM - File Count Monitor - directory path variables
          chad.every

Being able to use variables for the out of the box component monitors is a long outstanding feature request.

What you described can still be accomplished if you used a custom script monitor and passed the respective directory name into the script once the template is assigned. There should be a File Count Script template that comes out of the box and I believe there should be something shared on Thwack too

1 of 1 people found this helpful
            • Re: SAM - File Count Monitor - directory path variables
              sbreame

Thanks for your reply Chad. We've tried implementing this (I think) but no luck so far, however, when you say 'custom script monitor' do you mean the out-of-box File Existence monitor, which we've utilised, adding the file path, file type etc.?

We've created a custom property for the node with ' ; ' separated folder names (using   ..\dir1\${var}\childDir  )but when we test the component monitor the status

is always up regardless of whether or not the variable name refers to a correct path or not.