This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

More than 2 members in an HA pool?

Are there any plans to allow more than 2 members in an HA pool?  Specifically for the main poller?

Let me explain:

We have a customer requirement to account for a multi site outage.

They currently have 3 sites of which there is a Solarwinds poller at each site.

Each site has an HA standby member in the opposite site.

We have tested the below scenaio forwards and backwards and it works very well:

Site A:

Main Poller Active (Site A)

APE Poller Standby (For Site B)

APE Poller Standby (For Site C)

SQL Always On DB

Site B:

Main Poller Standby (For site A)

APE Poller Active (For Site B)

SQL Always ON DB Standby

Site C:

APE Poller Active (For Site C)

However you can see where the gap lies at Site C.  If both Site A and B go dark, it is my understanding that the APE will continue to collect data for a short amount of time but obviously won't be able to for very long nor send out any alerting.  So short of deploying a separate solarwinds instance and DB at each site, it would just be so much easier to extend the SQL always on DR replication to site C as well as have a standby main poller in site C to take over alerting in the event of a multi site failure.

Or can anyone else offer up any architecture advice?  I thought about an additional web console, etc but I think that requires the main poller to be functional.