This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Alert variables not populating in alert message

I have a Group Member alert that uses a custom SWQL query. I want my alert message to include the name of each group member that is down when the alert triggers. I'm using the "GroupRootCause" variable and it populates the member names just fine when Simulated, but the actual email only spits out the raw variable formatting as such:

Group Members that are currently Down = ${N=OrionGroup;M=GroupStatusRootCause}

Can anyone offer any explanation as to why it works in Simulation but not in the actual alert message? Thank you.

• If you have a group member alert, and want a Group Detail you might need that table joined.  If you build your query using the dynamic query are you able to select all the details needed in the end, or do you have some details that you want to grab that get grayed out after selection of some data? <- when building your query.

If the dynamic selection grays data out from selection into the query then you would need an additional join to correlate the details. If you have not considered this in your alert query and setup those variables may not be accessible. just a hunch....

• I can see that whether I use the Group or the Group Member alert, the GroupStatusRootCause is available for selection in the Global variable list. I interpret that to mean that the variable should work without a JOIN statement. I'm not even doing a custom SQL trigger. Again, the funny thing is that the Simulation of the Trigger Action shows the values of that variable, but the actual email sends only the variable name. Weird.