9 Replies Latest reply on Mar 8, 2018 2:08 PM by bdufresne

Deleting configuration from the node detail page errors

hoppingubu

I ran into this problem today. I tried to delete a configuration file using the delete config button on the node details page/tab for a device and ended up with an error.

Cirrus.ConfigArchive.DeleteConfigs failed. Check fault information, System.ArgumentException --> username

The configuration file is deleted, and cannot be seen on the configs page, yet the error persists when I try to do other device configuration.

Does anyone know what is going on and how to fix this?

I am a little confused as to why this clean install is having so much problems.

• Re: Deleting configuration from the node detail page errors
          bdufresne

By seeing System.ArgumentException it makes me think potentially it's on the Windows OS that your Orion platform is running on.  Is there a service account associated with the Orion platform services or does it run as system?  Are GPOs being applied to the server?  Is there a security principal listed under the config file storage location on the server?

Just to clarify, you said you deleted the config: is it still in the config directory in Windows?  If not, maybe there is an account limitation on your SolarWinds server for your user account/group?  Another possibility is the way the account was configured in SQL, although I would assume there would be a SqlClient reference in the error.

Bryan

1 of 1 people found this helpful