This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

"VMs created in the last 30 days" report shows some VMs that have been around for a LOOOONG time.

After a little digging it looks like these "old" VMs share one commonality - they were connected to a Datastore that had an ISO attached to the CD/DVD drive (the image was Microsoft/Windows Server 2016/SW_DVD9_Win_Svr_STD_Core.iso.  Once I disconnect the CD/DVD drive, it will report correctly. IS THIS A BUG or am I missing something?

DEVILHORN

• I'm assuming that's the verbatim name of your report?  I don't see that report in my VMan instance or on the Orion Demo so it is likely a custom report, you may want to take a look at the query to make sure it is polling what you are after.

If you're not sure you can try posting screenshots of the report settings or the query being run and we may be able to take a look at that with you.

• Here's the query:

vm.internal.dateCreated:[now-30days TO *]

As I mentioned above, the machines being reported in error were both connected to datastore with an ISO mounted as the cd/dvd drive. For some reason this is causing the machine to report as new. (?)

thanks for your help!

pastedImage_0.png

• I would definitely consider it a bug and open a ticket, I've seen in the past at least 3 metrics that vman collected that were inaccurately labelled.  I think the memory shares is still showing up incorrectly (shows configured mem in MB instead of the number of shares) last time I tested it.