1 Reply Latest reply on Mar 4, 2018 3:01 PM by David Smith

Regarding Complex Alert Conditions

wdavon24

The example it gives for complex alerts is when you want to alert when (Application A on server X goes down) AND (Application B on server Y) goes down.

Is there a way to alert when (Application A AND Application B) on server X goes down, where server X can be any server?

• Re: Regarding Complex Alert Conditions
          David Smith

Hi wdavon24 sorry I did reply originally, but I think I misunderstood the question so I removed it until I had time to re-type my answer.

In your scenario you would need to do something like the following:

Alert On:    Application

Scope of Alert:    All Objects

Trigger Conditions:

Application - Status - is equal to - Down

and        Node          - Status - is equal to - Up

and        Application - Application Name - is equal to - Application A

or            Application - Application Name - is equal to - Application B

Then within "Advanced options" you would need to select "Enable complex conditions" this will then enable you to select the added option of: "Alert can be triggered if more or equal 2 objects (at the same time)..."

*This will tell the alert that you need both of the OR statements to be true (So you could have 3, 4, 5 etc and only 2 of them need to be down or 3 conditions and change the variable to 3.*

If you need a screenshot then let me know. There are some other ways to do this as well, if you were looking to monitor some critical applications together you could put them in a group and then monitor & alert on the group status rather than the individual applications.

- David Smith

Kenson - SolarWinds Authorized Partner

Training, Licenses & Professional Services

- LinkedIn

- Twitter

- Facebook