10 Replies Latest reply on Aug 3, 2018 4:28 PM by cmazko

Monitor IBM x3650 with SAM

cobryson

I am trying to add hardware health monitoring to a few IBM x3650s in a SAM installation.  The Hardware Health documentation indicates that I should install IBM Systems Director, but as it is now obsolete the remaining IBM download links only point to upgrades.  Where can I find the complete installation kit, or some alternative method to make this week?

It's somewhat frustrating that the documentation (Latest required software used to monitor hardware health - SolarWinds Worldwide, LLC. Help and Support ) has not been updated in the nearly 2 years that IBM has stopped supporting Systems Director.  What am I missing?

• Re: Monitor IBM x3650 with SAM
          saeron

I have this issue too

Also I should say that I installed ESXi 6.0 OEM version on that.

My servers are member of a cluster and I added vcenter to SAM .

But Nothings happen.

leigham martin

SolarWinds should poll the vCenter for ESXI hardware, you can add manufacturer files to the ESXI install to allow direct HW monitoring but vCenter handles everything in that sense and SolarWinds pulls it from vCenter

Regards,

L.

saeron

I have hardware health info in vcenter all time. But issue is that I dont see them in solarwinds.

I have NPM 12.0.1 SAM 6.3 VMAN 7.0.0  and added vcenter solarwinds with SNMP and Vmware polling also in VMAN.

But nothings happend.

Hardware health info is missing from solarwinds.

I have 3 HP server  two of those have windows and other one has Linux installed. this 3 send hardware health successfully to solarwinds/

But any of esxi server (HP and IBM) has no hardware health info in solarwinds

leigham martin

saeron

Make sure you are polling through the vCenter and not directly through ESXI, to add your vCenters in do it via Settings > Network discovery. Add your vCenter IP's and credentials, make sure poll for VMware is ticked.

I know it works because thats how i do it here, i have nothing installed on my hosts but i pull the hardware stats through vCenter

I've redacted some info below for obvious reasons.

Regards,

L.

saeron

Thanks for reply.

But All of my Esxi is polling through vcenter now.

I have Virtualization manager 7.0.0 and connect vcenter to that .

also I poll vcenter and esxi with snmp and vmware polling in orion.

I have solarwinds additional poller that done this for me

I am so confused .

I also checked my firewall for any missed port between vcenter and solarwinds poller.

I dont know what should I do now?!

leigham martin

Hello,

i used to have this problem, we dont have IBM Director anymore and i was struggling with HW monitoring but theres a way round it.

You dont actually need IBM Directory for this, but you can install the agent, which then gives SolarWinds the WMI providers for the IBM hardware.

HP do a similar thing but no so much in the way of an agent (CP027592.exe)

IBM's is called;

Give that a try, it works for me.

Regards.

L.

1 of 1 people found this helpful