5 Replies Latest reply on Mar 13, 2018 11:12 AM by jaf

SAM Template for ISE

jaf

Hello Community,

Has anyone thrown together an Cisco ISE template for tracking the processes and other key areas of ISE? I have tried adding some of the SSH templates  and running the "show application status ise" however, they keep timing out at the prompt. Has anyone figured this out yet?

Thank you,

JAF

• Re: SAM Template for ISE
            jaf

Hello jamesatloop1,

I followed those instructions and was able to get the ISEs into Solarwinds, however, it only monitors the ping and resources. I was able to create a few process monitors and figured out which ones where needed and bound those to the process monitors. I have tested them and it works.

Thank you,

JAF

bmallon

I'm curious what process monitors you created.

jaf

Hello bmallon,

When you go into ISE via SSH and run show application status ISE, it shows which processes are running and which PID they are running with. Basically it breaks down as follows (Note* these are all linux process monitors):

lwsmd - AD Service
                    JSVC - Application Server Service
                    JSVC - CA Service
                    tnslsnr - Database Listener Service

docker - Docker Service
                    nginx - EST Service
                    Java - Passive ID Service
                    redis-server - Profiler Database Service
                    snmpd - SNMP Service

As you probably notice here and definately when you go to look at the processes, there are multiple instances. Within the process monitor, there is a command filter you can put in to separate the instances for a particular service. You can get these by checking the process monitor within Solarwinds to capture the command line used to run the service's instance. Also, in the case of JSVC for example, there are 2 instances of JSVC running for both the application server service, and the CA service. I created an Alert that triggers if the instances every fall below 2 for that particular service.

I hope this helps.

Thank you,

JAF

jamesatloop1

Your more than welcome.