This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

HP Proliant monitoring

Can I use Orion version 7 to monitor HP Proliant Hardware such as Power supplies, Ethernet NICS, Memory, and disks for failures?

George
  • I would be interested in the same thing.  The ability to monitor performance figures and uptime is useful but failed components would be very useful. 

• You can with the Custom Poller on v8.  If you are interested, I will upload the ProLiant OID's for you.

• I have been playing around with the custom Poller's this morning, so it would be great if you could upload the ProLiant OID's?

Thanks

Rich 

• You can with the Custom Poller on v8.  If you are interested, I will upload the ProLiant OID's for you.

I'd be interested in this as well.

Thanks!

• I just uploaded a bunch that I use

Check

JB

• JB,

Thanks for uploading those, they are definitely useful.  One extra which maybe useful to monitor the status of the RAID array is:

will the usual values:

1 = other

2 = OK

3 = Degraded

4 = Failed

Regards

Rich 

• That one's nice, Thanks

Here are two more....

Array Accelerator Board Status.  

This describes the status of the accelerator write cache.   The status can be:   Other (1)  Indicates that the instrument agent does not recognize the  status of the Array Accelerator. You may need to upgrade  the instrument agent.   Invalid (2)  Indicates that an Array Accelerator board has not been  installed in this system or is present but not configured.   Enabled (3)  Indicates that write cache operations are currently configured  and enabled for at least one logical drive.   Temporarily Disabled (4)  Indicates that write cache operations have been temporarily  disabled. View the Array Accelerator Board Error Code object  to determine why the write cache operations have been  temporarily disabled.   Permanently Disabled (5)  Indicates that write cache operations have been permanently  disabled. View the Array Accelerator Board Error Code object  to determine why the write cache operations have been disabled.

Array Accelerator Board Battery Status.  

This monitors the status of each battery pack on the board. The  batteries can only recharge when the system has power applied.   The following values are valid:   Other (1)  Indicates that the instrument agent does not recognize  battery status. You may need to update your software.   Ok (2)  Indicates that a particular battery pack is fully charged.   Charging (3)  The battery power is less than 75%. The Drive Array  Controller is attempting to recharge the battery. A  battery can take as long as 36 hours to fully recharge.  After 36 hours , if the battery has not recharged , it is  considered failed.   Failed (4)  The battery pack is below the sufficient voltage level and  has not recharged in 36 hours. Your Array Accelerator board  needs to be serviced.   Degraded (5)  The battery is still operating , however , one of the batteries  in the pack has failed to recharge properly. Your Array  Accelerator board should be serviced as soon as possible.

Of course when we get "GetTable" functionallity we'll be able to completely replace Insight Manager.

JB

• Hi guys

I have a basic ProLiant ML115.

I've added the custom poller settings to my server but it's not added any new statistics or anything.

I'm a relative newbie to this program and I'm trying to configure some basic monitoring for my RAID system.

Thanks for any info thats offered.

• Sorry Mat, the server needs to support the HP Insight Agents to get the OIDs.

It doesn't look like the ML115 does.

JB

• Thanks jb,

Bit of a shame about that.

Is there no way to monitor if a RAID fails through Orion then?

Cheers guys