This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

HTML tags visible when using API to create tickets

Has anyone encountered this?

We've started using the WHD API to create tickets. The individual ticket looks as it should, but when looking at the 'My Tickets' view you can see the HTML code in the Detail section. The HTML code is also present in email subject lines where part of the Request Detail is included.

In short, HTML code (like line breaks) is visible in some spots but not in others.

Is there any way to avoid this?

• Just got a response from support, who claims that HTML code is not supported in the Request Detail, only BBCode.

However, I find this to be partially, if not wholly inaccurate.

Any feedback on HTML and BBCode use when implementing API?

Here's a screen-cap to illustrate. You can see the mouse-over pop-up is formatted correctly, but the detail field shows the 'br' tag:

pastedImage_0.png

Incidentally, I did try the BBCode equivalent [br] for a line break, but it did not create a line break and the tag showed up in the detail, so...

• Just to follow up on this, I was able to switch some tags and get it to work properly. I enclosed BEGIN/END text with paragraph tags and the HTML code no longer appeared in the ticket details.

Also, support confirmed that HTML tags showing in the email subject is a bug that will be "resolved in a future release"

• Mine isn't showing up in the notes detail, however when I use this in an email template it comes through to the user.  Any ideas on this to work around the bug?  I'd love to be able to do so if possible.Tags Visible - HTML.PNG