1 Reply Latest reply on Mar 7, 2018 3:32 PM by bdufresne

Custom Config file to use for compliance

tsiemers

Is it possible with NCM to run compliance checks against something other than the Running or Startup config on Cisco devices?  What I am thinking is being able to run a job that executes a script that does a show command and creates a file on the device.  Example:

show int description | redirect flash://complianceCheck.txt

or even better send directly to NCM

show int description | redirect http://solarwindsNCMIP.com

Then run compliance checks against that file.  Is this possible or is there a better way of handling something like this?  This comes from trying to create a compliance check against "show bgp ipv4 rt-filter sum" and see if any neighbors are down.

Thanks

• Re: Custom Config file to use for compliance
          bdufresne

Have you looked into gathering this data with a Job?  I don't know that it can be automated, and I am unfortunately unable to dig into NCM right now.  You could run a job to run execute a script that runs that command and output that data into a file.  Additionally, you may be able to gather that information from NPM and build a report on it?

As far as automating the configuration check, if it doesn't show up in the config file I'm not sure that NCM can check against it.... yet.