3 Replies Latest reply on May 23, 2018 8:39 AM by qlitg

Hiding sensitive tickets (enhancement request?)

dmellem

We sometimes get sensitive tickets. Is there a way to flag the ticket as "sensitive" or "private" so that only users and techs on the ticket (assigned or CC'd) and security groups (or managers) would be able to see it?

I'm thinking of something like the "security-sensitive" flag in Bugzilla.

Thanks.

• Re: Hiding sensitive tickets (enhancement request?)
          cyribus

Create a specific request type for that ticket and build a tech group around it. If you use limitations properly then only the individuals assigned to that particular tech group will be privy to the ticket. Other individuals should not know the ticket even exists. Hope this helps

dmellem

Wouldn't all of the techs in that tech group be able to see all of the tickets? Also, a ticket in any ticket type could be flagged as sensitive but it sounds like the ticket would have to be created/moved into a single "sensitive" ticket type, right?

I'd like to keep the ticket in the same category, tech group, and tech and just limit access until it is untagged (e.g., bug fixed). We currently let techs see tickets for other tech groups.

Thanks.

qlitg

I am looking to do the same for sensitive information like terminated employees. However, while I can hide the ticket from all but the techs in the group, a creative manager discovered you can search for tickets and those tickets will show up. He then was able to open and edit ticket.

Is there any way to actually protect a ticket from prying eyes?