This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Multiple Questions...the n00b needs abit of assistance please :(

Hi Everyone...hope all is well.

I did some searching around, but this n00b is not digging what I am seeing...hoping someone can assist me with the following:

- When I check to see what resources are allocated to the LEM (CPU & Memory), it shows "UNKNOWN"...from what I can find it seems this is a VM setting? Is that accurate? What do I need to do to have that display correctly?

- Is it possible to pull an asset inventory list using the LEM? If so, how would I do that?

- How do I check Connector status to make sure they are all up to date and no issues are happening?

• Unknown Status most likely means that you are running in Hyper-V and LEM is not able to pull those statistics.
    • Not really.  LEM is a Log Manager, if it's not in a log file LEM isn't likely to get the information.  You could likely submit it as a feature request, but I think Web Help Desk is the SolarWinds asset inventory tool.  SAM has some components as well, I believe.
    • You will need to go to the connectors via Manage -> Appliance or the node directly on Manage -> Nodes.  Typically the connector status is either Started or Stopped.  You can check the version on the connectors directly if you want to make sure they're up to date, but it might be more efficient to make sure that you have the Automatic Connector Updates enabled or if your LEM can't reach the repositories to do it manually:

Upgrade the connectors - SolarWinds Worldwide, LLC. Help and Support