This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Daemon Issue

Recently I have upgraded my iteration of WHD, from 12.2 to 12.5.1 . After doing this I ran into an error :

Another daemon was detected, running on host " " . Please change your configuration so that only one instance of the application is running as a daemon.

For details, see the README.txt file in the Web Help Desk program folder, or FAQ 103 on the Web Help Desk support site.

Has anyone else ran into this issue?  I will be upgrading to 12.5.2 in hopes that this issue gets fixed, even though I feel it won't do much.

• I have run across that with a system running two instances of WHD. One was on the application server and the other on their mail server. I went to the I went to the configuration folder and opened the tomcat_web_template.xml file and near the bottom there is a daemon setting. I set one of the instance to none and allowed the other to remain at background. This corrected the issue in our case.