This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Alert Configuration for Nutanix Devices

How to configure alerts and add relative monitoring metrics for Nutanix??

• What are you using it for? Use case will drive the answer.

We have Esxi install on our Nutanix, hosting some VMware based VDI, so most of what I need I get via NPM, SAM, and VMan, SRM is installed into Orion but Nutanix isn't added. Its not different then anything else we do. I have SNMP configured on the blades where is installed, and we get all the normal metrics out of it, and fire off all the normal alerts.

What specifically are you looking to do? Maybe I can talk about more specifically.

• As Solarwinds Supports the below MIBS for Nutanix. Just want to configure alerts for these metrics. OIDs are already added in UnDP.

I just want to know how to create Traditional Solarwinds Alerts for these metrics.

clusterIops
    clusterLatency
    clusterName
    clusterTotalStorageCapacity
    clusterUsedStorageCapacity
    citAvgLatencyUsecs
    citContainerName
    citIOPerSecond
    citTotalCapacity
    citUsedCapacity
    crtControllerVMId
    crtMemory
    crtNumCpus
    dstControllerVMId
    dstDiskId
    dstNumFreeBytes
    dstNumFreeInodes
    dstNumRawBytes
    dstNumTotalBytes
    dstNumTotalInodes
    dstSerial
    dstTemperature
    sstControllerVMId
    sstControllerVMStatus
    spitAvgLatencyUsecs
    spitIOPerSecond
    spitStoragePoolName
    spitTotalCapacity
    spitUsedCapacity
  • Since you have been able to add all these custom pollers in UnDP, you should be able to create alerts for these. Knowing what kind of values you were able to poll, you should be able to play around with it in Alert Manager. Just go to Manage Alerts and choose any of the 3 that would apply as seen below. Set the trigger conditions and actions then test it.

pastedImage_0.png