This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Availability reports for "last month" show February instead of January

We run the "Application Availability - Last Month" report every month.  This month it just keep showing February, instead of January.

Can somebody explain why that would be happening?  Here is the SQL form report writer:

DECLARE @utcOffset int

DECLARE @actualMonths int

SET @utcOffset = datediff(minute, getdate(), getutcdate())

SET @actualMonths = datediff(month, 0, getdate())

SELECT

max(APM_ApplicationStatus.[TimeStamp]) as [Month],

Nodes.Caption,

APM_Application.Name AS ApplicationName,

sum(APM_ApplicationStatus.PercentAvailability * APM_ApplicationStatus.RecordCount) / sum(APM_ApplicationStatus.RecordCount) AS PercentAvailability

FROM APM_ApplicationStatus with(nolock)

INNER JOIN APM_Application with(nolock) ON APM_Application.ID = APM_ApplicationStatus.ApplicationID

INNER JOIN Nodes with(nolock) ON Nodes.NodeID = APM_Application.NodeID

WHERE APM_ApplicationStatus.[TimeStamp] >= dateadd(minute, @utcOffset, dateadd(month, @actualMonths - 1, 0)) AND

APM_ApplicationStatus.[TimeStamp] < dateadd(minute, @utcOffset, dateadd(month, @actualMonths, 0))

GROUP BY APM_Application.ID, APM_Application.Name, Nodes.Caption

ORDER BY Nodes.Caption, APM_Application.Name

• I believe your issue is with this statement:

max(APM_ApplicationStatus.[TimeStamp]) as [Month],

This results in it setting the current application status time as the Month.  If you set it to:

max(APM_ApplicationStatus.[TimeStamp] -1) as [Month],

for example, then your report would show it as January 31st (since that's the max application status for last month).

I am not exactly a SQL expert so I'm not sure what the preferred method of updating your time stamp would be, but perhaps checking some other monthly reports might give you a better show for it or dropping that field entirely.  It seems like the rest of your statements get the desired results, but this Month field is the one that's misleading.

• Awesome, that did the trick.

I did try to compare to other reports with the same.  But none of them actually displayed the Month column.

Thanks!