This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

BUG: Orion 2017.3.4 Web Reports

Orion 2017.3.4, NPM 12.2, SAM 6.5

When duplicating a resource in a report, changing the datasource for the newly duplicated resource changes the datasource of the original.

Vice versa, changing the original datasource also changes the duplicate, so essentially duplicates become useless... very frustrating!

• If you want the duplicate resource to show information from the same source then its fine to use the existing data source, but if not it would be normal to create a new data source for that element.

• True, but I find that to occur less often than not.  In my particular case I was trying to create two tables, one that showed the amount of times a CPU Warning alert occurred, and the other the same thing but for CPU Critical.  I couldn't just duplicate the warning and change the data source.  I had to create an entirely new resource from scratch.