This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Application and Database Migration.

Hi Team,

i need to migrate my application and Database from old servers to new server.

i need to confirm is it possible with out losing the current dashboard,alerts  and Reports configuration.

if yes then how is it possible.my current deployment details is given below.

Server Name
Installation
Old server 1Application(NPM,NTA,SAM)
Old Server 2SQL database,NTADB

i want to migrate all applications,dashbard ,alerts and reports configuration from Old server 1 to new server 1.

and all dataBases  from old server 2 to new Server 2 .

• Assuming your using npm 11.5 or above, all information is in the sql database. The nta database needs to be moved from c:\program data directory to the new server as well. You will need to do the database migration first and run config wizard for both nta and orion to the new sql server.

To move the application server, deactivate the licenses first on the old server and install the exact same versions on the new server. Run config wizard into new database server and activate license. You will need to install the nta flow storage portion first before installing the nta orion module. Dont forget to install and configure iis first.