This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

TEST FAILED. No DNS Entries exist for Host <insert additional polling engine here>

Currently experiencing an issue that I am unable to understand let alone fix. 

Scenario:

4 Solarwinds Administrators in a corporate environment all have been issued laptops - all have the same network permissions, all have equal Solarwinds permissions.   Up until recent all 4 have been able to add nodes to Solarwinds. 

PROBLEM:

3 of the solarwinds admins are able to successfully test and add a windows server to a specific additional polling engine.    1 of the Solarwinds admins (we will call him Fred)  is getting a failed error message when trying to add the same device to the same specific additional polling engine.   Up until a few days ago Fred was able to test and add the same node successfully from his laptop.  Fred also logged into a VDI session and received the same failed error message which was "Test Failed.   No DNS Entry exists for host <------insert additional polling engine here.     Fred then logged into one of the other Solarwinds admins laptops and was able to succssfully add the same node to the same poller.   What would make this happen?  

Question:

What would cause this to happen?  

• Guy test the wirehsark you need to know what have in your network. If the user not change admin permissions.

Wireshark · Go Deep.

• It would seem that if Fred's AD permissions have changed, especially without his knowledge, then he'd have a different experience than the other admins.

If your DNS solution isn't one that does "active" tests to deal with devices that don't comply with Dynamic DNS requirements, it might be possible Fred's trying to get to a device with a stale DNS entry, Forward or Reverse.

If someone's adjusted Fred's NPM account permissions, that might have interesting results, too.

Perhaps most important, if Fred's using a different configuration than the other three administrators (i.e.: if Fred's got a typo in some DNS entry referencing an APE's name), then you aren't comparing apples to apples anymore. 

Isolate what's different in Fred's environment since he started experiencing network node addition behavior that is no longer what Fred's peers experience, and you'll be on your way to solving the problem.

Change Management is a great place to research--see if someone recorded a change that could explain this.

NCM might be a useful tool--see if there are interesting configuration changes for the time period immediately before and after Fred started having problems.

Solarwinds products also have logs and histories to review and search; perhaps something changed in Fred's permissions in Solarwinds.

And before you start any of these avenues of research, open a Ticket online with Solarwinds Support.  By the time you've exhausted everything here, they'll get back to you and start helping you out.

• Hi

I am facing same problem of my APE which are running in HA environment. Can any one help me on this issue.bit urgent