My idea is maybe not so smart but Custom Property for interfaces would allow to point to specific interfaces you need.
1 of 1 people found this helpful
thank you for the response, your idea is not bad at all, will be a a lot of work to populate the custom properties now, since all the wan routers is already deployed.
If you have the same type of router or only few types then you may perform massive population, not one by one
Can I assume you are monitoring the WAN Router and it's Interface via NPM, and as such the Interface Description is something along the lines of G1/0/1 - MyCustomer Link Circuit 123456 Blah Blah. (If you have an example that would be great).
So you would like a report that shows:
Router - Interface - AVG Utilization % - Peak Utilization %
Router1 - G1/0/1 - Customer Blah Primary - 23% - 45%
Router1 - G1/0/2 - Customer Blah Secondary - 5% - 17%
Is that accurate?
Yes you are right that is actually what I want.
There are some Interface reports included with NPM but if you can't find one you like then you can create one from scratch and use the Custom Table to populate the fields you need. Here is an example I knocked up:
1) Create a New Report in Web Reporter
2) Select Custom Table (Or Chart if you prefer but I'll go with table for my example).
3) At the Selection Method, from the 'I want to report on' drop box Select Interface.
4) Add Condition - Change Select Field to Full Name and then contains > Customer Tag.
5) Give this source a name. It should look as below:
6) From Table Layout click the Add Colomn to get some headers. This is where you can get creative, but I have picked a few if I were running this report (Some are for the Interface, Some from the Node)
Interface Status / Inteface Name / Node Status / Node Name / Received Percent Utilization / Transmit Percent Utilization.
Hope this gets you started in the right direction