This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Service-now integration and ticket creation errors

Hi,

My client have been a solarwinds-user for about 6 months, and just recently we've started seeing a behaviour which I cannot understand.

So, you have one device/node that goes offline. Solarwinds creates the information shown in the dashboard and creates a ticket into service-now. From here all is fine and dandy.

When the node then goes up again, solarwinds registers this as online once again. So, we're back to normal now with all nodes online. Here the ticket in service-now are closed.

Fast forward 6 months and the node goes down again! Now solarwinds sends the alert to THE SAME ORIGNAL INCIDENT created 6 mothns ago. It doesn't create a new, it re-uses the old ticket that was created 6 months ago.

This is a major problem since the case is not reopened. Its still in closed state.

In this scenario I would like to see a new incident, rather than using an old that have already been resolved.

I've talked to the support about this, and they claim this is "expected behaviour".

Am I doing something wrong here? If the products is designed this way, and there's no way around it. We need to look for alternatives.

Help me thwack community.

You're my only hope.

• Hello,

Could you please check the closed states in ServiceNow. If you don't have set proper closed state it will reopen instead of create new one.

2018-01-24 11_05_07-ServiceNow.png

Lada

• Hi Lada.

Amazing. You figured out what was wrong within 1 hour while the support-team couldn't figure this out in weeks. Not even the product manager.

You have my upmost gratitude.

I did change the values you specified, but also modded the state-codes so we can use all the specified states integrated to Service-now. It now works without any issues.

Thank you!

/Smashed