This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Whoops! Upgrade failure midway through install!

Hello All!  In the middle of an upgrade my VDI terminal decided to force reboot,  thus kicking out my RDP session to the SolarWinds server halfway through the install.  Once I was able to reconnect and rerun the installer I receive a message inside the SolarWinds Setup Wizard  "Ooops...we detected a problem...."      The installer had apparently been able to upgrade Orion Core to 2017.3 but had not upgraded the Modules, NPM, NCM, IPAM.  Now my modules are incompatible with the platform.  I failed to snapshot the VM the server is on and the Database VM has multiple databases so I'd like to avoid a previous snapshot of it.  I opened a support ticket but now I'm unable to review my open cases and I'm currently in queue with Technical Support.  Anyone have this problem and able to resolve?

Thanks!

*fingers crossed*

• You could do an uninstall and use the installer to reinstall the products in one session. Use "Select Additional Products" to select all of the products you choose to install. What did support recommend for you?

• Initially I was told to leave Orion Core installed and run the installer again.  This caused my offline installer to fail the systems check due to not having internet.  So I uninstalled every SolarWinds Product and ran the installer again. The installer ran to completion however I was missing the Job Engine & Job Scheduler services.  This along with a few other issues forced us to rebuild a new Server and install again.  I'll ensure I make backups next time emoticons_happy.png

• Thanks for letting me know