This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Monitor Site to make sure it is up

So I need to go a bit beyond the basics of setting up an external site and monitoring an IP address to make sure it is up.  I was going to use the SAM App-insights for IIS template to monitor the site and IIS on the node that I use on a few of my other nodes but this won't work on this server because it is running Tomcat IIS on a Windows box. 

What I have is an HTTPS site that I need to check that its up but need to go beyond just a ping.  I also have a login to the site so I can check to see if its up and available to login to. I was thinking I could maybe use an HTTPS monitor and configure the site to with a login?  I have to do some more digging into this but wanted to see if anyone here has set this up before.  Thanks! - Dave