1 Reply Latest reply on Jan 19, 2018 1:50 PM by brandonjones80

Uninstall Previous Version

brandonjones80

I have configured patch manager to push out the latest Java.  I edited the package to uninstall the previous version of Java, but it is not working.  I changed the switch that was being used from /qb to  /x and ran the command msiexec /x {poductcode} and Java 8.151 was unnstalled.  However when I check the computer for updates, Java 8.162 is installed and 8.151 is not installed.  Any ideas of how to fix this?

• Re: Uninstall Previous Version
          brandonjones80

I figured out what was happening.  When I made the changes to the Java package to do the uninstall, I published the changes thinking that was enough.  After Windows Updates installed the update, I looked in the c:\windows\softwaredistribution folder in the downloads folder.  There was the executable for the Java update and the other files in the package.  The date modified on the XML file was 2 days ago.  I opened the file and none of the changes that I made where there. I published the package again, but this time I chose to delete the package first.  This corrected my issue. 

1 of 1 people found this helpful