1 Reply Latest reply on Jan 16, 2018 3:00 PM by mesverrum

IPAM 4.6 - Monitor load per APE

stevenstadel

How can I tell what the load for IPAM is on each Additional Polling Engine? Is there a performance counter or process we can monitor?

We want to make sure that we are not overloading any particular polling engine.

/Orion/Admin/Details/Engines.aspx - Checked out the APE stats but can't determine the effect of IPAM on an APE

• Re: IPAM 4.6 - Monitor load per APE
          mesverrum

So far I haven't come across anything in the db specifically measuring the loads, but this custom SWQL report is what I've put together so far, obviously only works if you are running ipam 4.6.  Lists off all the engines that have subnets assigned to them, counts out the total number of subnets, how many of those subnets have scanning enabled, how many total addresses are being scanned and how many are showing as used.  Should at be able to give you a sense if there is a particular poller that is working more than the others.  Still haven't decided what the upper limits are but I can tell you I added about a million addresses to each of the pollers at my latest client and there was a fairly dramatic increase in the CPU loads.

SELECT g.Engines.ServerName, count(g.GroupId) as [TotalSubnets], en.EnabledScans, cnt.TotalAddresses, cnt.UsedAddresses

FROM IPAM.GroupNode g

left join (SELECT g.Engines.ServerName, count(GroupId) as [EnabledScans]

FROM IPAM.GroupNode g

where grouptype=8 and g.DisableAutoScanning=0

group by g.Engines.ServerName) en on en.servername=g.Engines.ServerName

left join (select g.Engines.ServerName, sum(g.TotalCount) as [TotalAddresses], sum(g.UsedCount) as [UsedAddresses]

FROM IPAM.GroupNode g

where grouptype=8

group by g.Engines.ServerName

) cnt on cnt.servername=g.engines.servername

where g.grouptype=8

group by g.Engines.ServerName, en.enabledScans, cnt.TotalAddresses, cnt.UsedAddresses

order by  g.Engines.ServerName

1 of 1 people found this helpful