This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

SWQL query for bandwidth utilization depends on interface list

Hello everyone,

I'm not so familiar with SQL, so I have a problem with writing SWQL query with following conditions:

There are three types of nodes:

1. Have an interface with name e0/0.1

2. Have an interface with name e0/0.2

3. Have an interface with name e0/1.1

Depend on presence of any of those interfaces I have to create bandwidth utilization query, that will contain:

1. If node has an interface e0/0.1 - query bandwidth utilization for interfaces e0/0.1, e0/2, e0/3

2. If node has an interface e0/0.2 - query bandwidth utilization for interfaces e0/0.2, e0/3, e0/4

3. If node has an interface e0/1.1 - query bandwidth utilization for interfaces e0/1.1, e0/0, e0/5

Could anybody help me to write such query?

• Here's a query that does more or less what you are looking for. You will need to adjust it to what you mean by "bandwidth utilization" (I just used Average BPS) and things like the time limit (I used last 7 days) and rollup level (I used daily rollup). The easiest way to deal with your three kinds of devices was to just repeat the query three times and union them together.

SELECT N.NodeID, N.Caption, N.Interfaces.InterfaceName, DATETRUNC('day', N.Interfaces.Traffic.DateTime) as day, AVG(N.Interfaces.Traffic.Averagebps) AS Averagebps

FROM Orion.Nodes N

WHERE N.NodeID IN (SELECT M.NodeID FROM Orion.Nodes M WHERE M.Interfaces.InterfaceName = 'e0/0.1')

AND N.Interfaces.Traffic.DateTime > GETUTCDATE() - 7

AND N.Interfaces.InterfaceName IN ('e0/0.1', 'e0/2', 'e0/3')

GROUP BY N.NodeID, N.Caption, N.Interfaces.InterfaceName, DATETRUNC('day', N.Interfaces.Traffic.DateTime)

UNION ALL (

SELECT N.NodeID, N.Caption, N.Interfaces.InterfaceName, DATETRUNC('day', N.Interfaces.Traffic.DateTime) as day, AVG(N.Interfaces.Traffic.Averagebps) AS Averagebps

FROM Orion.Nodes N

WHERE N.NodeID IN (SELECT M.NodeID FROM Orion.Nodes M WHERE M.Interfaces.InterfaceName = 'e0/0.2')

AND N.Interfaces.InterfaceName IN ('e0/0.2', 'e0/3', 'e0/4')

GROUP BY N.NodeID, N.Caption, N.Interfaces.InterfaceName, DATETRUNC('day', N.Interfaces.Traffic.DateTime)

)

UNION ALL (

FROM Orion.Nodes N

WHERE N.NodeID IN (SELECT M.NodeID FROM Orion.Nodes M WHERE M.Interfaces.InterfaceName = 'e0/1.1')

AND N.Interfaces.InterfaceName IN ('e0/1.1', 'e0/0', 'e0/5')

)

• Thanks, this is exactly what I want!

Could you please help me to deal with this query in Reports - when I create an report and paste query to it (it works perfectly in SWQL Studio) I get an error "Query is not valid" without any explanation

• Hmm, this works when I try it. What version of NPM are you using?

• I was able to track down a bug matching this description in our system. It is marked as fixed in Orion Platform 2017.3 (which is part of NPM 12.2). That explains why it worked when I tried the query in a report.