This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

SolarWinds Port Lockdown

So, we are trying to lock down out port communications in a new datacenter standup. In this datacenter I am only deploying one APE. I got the APE installed (after allowing port 1434 which I didnt see in the docs) and I sent our network folks the port requirements which they said they have deployed. Now though I am having issues with SNMP and WMI tests through the web console. I have tested WMI with wbemtest from the poller to a node and that works. Whenever I attempt to go to 'Edit Node' and run a 'Test' having SNMP selected I get the following: Could not connect to net.tcp://<newpoller>:17777/orion/core/businesslayer. The connection attempt lasted for a time span of 00:00:21.0011528. TCP error code 10060: A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond <newpoller>:17777. WMI times out with no real error

I thought that maybe there was an issue with the port 17777 rules, but our network team verified that everything was there. Right now Im at a loss and Im not sure what to look at the troubleshoot the issue further.

Here are the requirements I sent over:

Inter-Datacenter Port requirements:

1433 TCP The port used for communication between the APE and the Orion database.

1801 The port used for MSMQ messaging from the Orion Web Console to the APE.

5671 TCP The port used for SSL-encrypted RabbitMQ messaging from the Orion Web Console to the APE

17777 TCP The port used for communication between the APE and the Orion Web Console

Intra-Datacenter port requirements:

161     UDP The port used for sending and receiving SNMP information between the APE and all nodes in the new DC

162     UDP The port used for receiving trap messages between

135, 1024-65535 TCP These ports are used for WMI conversations between the APE and all nodes in the new DC

This poller is the only piece of solarwinds infrastructure that is in this new DC everything else lives elsewhere