0 Replies Latest reply on Jan 4, 2018 12:15 PM by josephllee247

NetFlow Traffic Analyzer (NTA) Review

josephllee247
      1. 1. What industry is your company in? Managed Services.

1. 2. How large is your IT shop? Large.

1. 3. Which SolarWinds product are you writing this review for? NetFlow Traffic Analyzer (NTA)

1. 4. What problem were you trying to solve when you purchased? I started here after the product was purchased, however it had never (to my knowledge) been used until I found it lurking in my menu.

1. 5. Did you consider options other than SolarWinds? I’ll answer this generally (as I stated previously, I arrived after NTA): I’m quite new to SolarWinds (4 months ish), but I have a lot of confidence in the products I’ve used so far. I’ll try to use a SW product where I can as the support and integration is priceless!

1. How are you using the product and what benefits have you seen? We get a lot of calls from customers who are having issues with network speeds, and the performance of network based services. Until I discovered NTA, I was having to approach the issue from a massive variety of angles; from looking at top users on APs, to viewing syslogs to see if there were deeper issues. Now, when I get a call about network performance, my first port of call is NTA! It takes seconds to confirm whether or not the issue is down to heavy use, and if it is, I can even tell the customer why, who is causing it (if it is a problem user) and roughly what they’re using the network for. There’s something satisfying about being able to get an answer so quickly, with so much detail.