4 Replies Latest reply on Jan 3, 2018 12:56 PM by cahunt

Change ACL

wilson seven

Hello,

I would like to know how I can update the ACL on multiple in the network.

I want to introduce an ACL block in a specific position but in some devices the ACL

is a bit different. Is there a config change template that allows you to insert a block

of code in all of the network's nodes using NCM.

• Re: Change ACL
          Mark Roberts

Hi

You can use the Config Change template feature and in the code section have the necessary If statements that changes the config statements dependant on a filter rule. For example using the machinetype or firmware version as the If filter.

cahunt

This is very easy to do with NCM. If you are cleaning up, consider the different setups/amount of mess that you have. You can build in all the NO's you need to, to dump the bad or non conforming ACL's and then setup your baseline. Separate a second script for additions to specific area's like data centers or some special/remote sites where you might need a few additions beyond your base ACL. You should have no issue selecting 500+ nodes to perform the script on if you have a large network - just note what m_roberts said above so you do not have to click so many check boxes.

wilson seven

Hi,
              I'm new to NCM and I want to write an ACL script using config change template

but I'm having problems because I do not know what function / command I can

write something like:

if (condition) {

CLI {

conf t
                                        ip access-list extended 100
                                        number_of_line rule 1
                                        number_of_line rule 2
                                        number_of_line rule 3
                                        exit
                                         wr
                             }
              }

, where number_of_line is variable from node to node.

I have to put the block ACL before blocking the private IP's of class A, B, and C.