3 Replies Latest reply on Jan 2, 2018 3:35 PM by Mark Roberts

Increase Polling interval during particular time of day

avalencia

Hi

Is there a was to increase a polling interval for a devices between 12am to 4am Monday to Friday from 5 minutes to 30mins. The reason of increasing the poll interval is that the ISP does most of their maintenance around that time and normally takes 10 to 15 mins. Thanks in advance

• Re: Increase Polling interval during particular time of day
          Vinay BY

I dont think we have that functionality for now within NPM, you will either have to go with the following options below for now to avoid false alerts:

1. Mute alerts during that time or control it at alerting level (trigger action->schedule) where an alert will only get fired after 30 mins during that time.

2. Have multiple unmanage schedules on those nodes during that time.

This is a good ask, why not raise a feature request for the same ? Go ahead and raise an Idea on Thwack......

Hope it helps, thanks in advance.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
            Vinay BY

If above generic features do not suffice your requirement, try for a workaround:

1. Build a sql procedure which would make changes on your Solarwinds DB and modify polling interval for nodes on the DB directly during these hours

2. Or write a script or use swis to achieve this scenario (I haven't really tried this option, but then I have read a couple of thwack posts on SWIS for similar queries try exploring more on it)

1 of 1 people found this helpful
              Mark Roberts

The only way to achieve this 'nicely' is to create a script or applet which will interact with the Orion API to change the polling frequency values for your required devices/objects.

This would be quite straightforward to achieve and just needs planning out how it needs to work fully.