This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Upgrade to NPM 12.2

Hi Experts.

Upgraded our SolarWinds from 12.1 to 12.2 and after that, the Alert section is filled with thousands of alerts. Though apart from the upgrade nothing has been changed.

Any comments / Recommendation for this behavior is highly appreciated.

Thanks

AJ

• Hi,

I think this is a coincidence, when an upgrade takes places all of the old alerts that have triggered may still be there. It sounds like you may have a bit of work to do evaluating each alert and dealing with the alerts accordingly.

Adam @acmtix

• Hi anjanmajumdar​ when you find out what caused it can you let us know?  I'm curious what changed the alerts so extremely.  For example, did you configure alerts to notify you when a node hasn't been polled longer than "X minutes" and this was the issue? 

• Is it possible that a number of disabled events became enabled after the upgrade ?

Also to consider, if the alert rule was updated in any way (even behind the scenes), it will re-evalute and alert again....

• I've seen this if users delete the out-of-the-box alerts rather than disable them. An upgrade will re-add them back in and as some of the out-of-the-box alerts are enabled by default, then the system will trigger alerts. Disabling the alerts rather than deleting them resolves this issue.

If you mean that the alerts section itself has thousands of newly defined alerts then I'm not sure.

• One other reason could that all the alerts were acknowledge before the upgrade. After the upgrade they were no longer acknowledged?