This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Mislabeled Offline hotfix installation

Dear Solarwinds,

I recently downloaded the "Hotfix Bundle for Products with Orion 2017.3 - includes NPM 12.2 Hotfix 3" - released December 22nd 2017 from your site. This filename is the following "Solarwinds-Orion-HotFix-2017.3-OfflineInstaller.exe".

When I go to run it on my "Offline Server", what is the first thing it does when it goes to install ? It tries to go out to the internet to DOWNLOAD a file. Perhaps I am just ignorant and don't know what the word offline means, but this is starting to get frustrating with the downloading of these huge all in one files. I missed the old way of just installing each product separably without the constant downloading from the solarwinds server. All of my servers are offline and have no access to the internet. I would really like to download the correct file I need the first time.

I am sure this is true of others in the Public Sector that have a requirement for servers to never be able to access the internet. I just hope Solarwinds keeps this in mind for future hotfixs/updates of their products.

So now I am downloading another large file that the installer told me to download: Customer Portal Login | SolarWinds. Maybe this will work, maybe not.

• Researching.....   Could not reproduce in the lab.

• Mr. Belanger,

Hello, and Happy New Year. If you haven't had an opportunity to do so, I would request that you open up a support case so that we can better assist you. There was a previous issue with a mislabeled offline installer package, and that situation was resolved. It is possible that you may be using an affected copy; but our support personnel will be able to identify and resolve this based on the installer version number and/or some diagnostics.

I did check with support and the good news/bad news is that this seems to only be affecting you at this time (I apologize), there has not been an influx of customer cases which would indicate a larger issue. If you'd like to contact our Federal Team Directly, you can email FederalSales@SolarWinds.com which is monitored and a member of our Sales or Sales Engineering team will be able to respond. Otherwise, I'm confident in the ability of our Support Team to get this resolved for you.

Respectfully,

Paul

• Hi Terry,

We have identified the issue ( your report helped! ) and we should be repacking a new version of the installers with a fix soon. If you run into this again, try to download the latest fresh copy from customer portal in the next week and it should contain the fix. You should be able to see that you have the latest version in 2 places. Customer portal will show a new version uploaded in the release date, and the installer itself will have an updated number in the details.

Thanks for letting know about your issue.

• Thanks for taking a look at this. Taking a look back at my post, I am sorry if it came off as hot headed. I was really frustrated having to download multiple 1 to 2 gigabyte files only to be told by the installer that it has to go out and download more stuff over and over.

Again, thank you.

• No worries at all, honestly thank you for posting. It's these types of posts that help us identify issues much faster. You're doing us a huge favor!

• Just following up with you, the installer that should have the fix is 1.3.1.493 as the file version.

• Having same kind of error, trying to apply same HotFix Pack, with file id: 1.3.1.493. It tries to connect to internet.

Regards,

Seba

pastedImage_1.png

• I am getting this exact same screen. Just downloaded the latest offline installer "Solarwinds-Orion-HotFix-2017.3-OfflineInstaller.exe" 656MB Product Version 1.3.1.493 from solarwinds same as the above screen shot. Copied it to my server it is is telling me that it can't continue because no internet connection detected. It then gave me a link to download another file that seems to be 2.6GB.

I am downloading this file again but it seems the original file has been mislabelled as offline again...

• I just got done downloading the 2.6GB file the previous installer told me to download.

Even though both files are the same file version "1.3.1.493" but one is 2.61GB and the other is 656MB. They are not installing the same Hotfixes. If anything, the larger file is not installing the latest versions. The first image is the 656MB file, the second image is the 2.61GB file.

Solarwinds Update_Feb_07_2018.pngSolarwinds Update_Feb_07_2018_2.6GB.png

• I am having the same issue.

When I try to run the 656MB installer, it tells me I'm offline (even though the server has an internet connection)

When I run the linked OFF-line installer (file version 1.3.1.493, 2.61 GB) it says that it is not the current version and closes.