2 Replies Latest reply on Feb 1, 2018 8:20 AM by vcaldwell

Sync IPAM Subnets with IPAM DNS

Is there a way to sync the subnets in IPAM under IP Management to the DNS Zones in IPAM DNS management?

I can't seem to figure it out, I have set a DNS server on the subnet and now DNS records are syncing

Thanks and Happy Holidays

• Re: Sync IPAM Subnets with IPAM DNS

I have the same question, I deleted 48 reservations from the DHCP Server, however when I scan the subnet the deleted reservations continue to show in IPAM. I also set the subnet ip addresses from used/reserved to available re-ran the scan and they deleted reservations re-appeared. I've checked the DHCP Server and the reservations have been deleted.

• Re: Sync IPAM Subnets with IPAM DNS

My issue turned out to be a problem on the dhcp server, the reservations that were deleted were not removed from the leased addresses. When trying to delete the leases I was getting a message saying that the "pipe was being closed", I had to go in and create a reservation for the deleted address, have a device pick up the address, and then delete the reservation. That cleared up the lease. Too bad I had to rinse and repeat 47 more times but, it solved my problem.

FYI, I also tried to replicate the scope from a backup dhcp server (that was not showing the leases) to the primary dhcp server but that didn't work either.

1 of 1 people found this helpful