This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

No Drop Down server when provisioning WSUS server for Publishing

Good day to all I would love some help with the fallowing:

This issue is in reference to the Patch Manager and its ability to publish packages.

I am connected to the WSUS server it is listed under my update services.

When I perform a Server Publishing Verification Wizard both my WSUS and Patch Manager pass.

When I go to publish a package there is no WSUS server to select.

Provision WSUS.png

I have tried all suggestions that I can find on THWACK and the customer portal.

Any and all suggestions would be much appreciated. 

• Hmm.. i did not think it was a requirement for that, but the first thing i would check is:

If you go to Patch Manager System Configuration -> Management Groups -> [click the name of your Management Group] ...   is the WSUS server listed there?  
    If not, run the "Management Group Wizard" from the Actions pane and add it, then see if the dropdown is still blank when you go back to publish again.

• Thanks Kellytice for the response, I checked and ensured that the WSUS server is listed.  I wanted to elaborate; when I pick a software and I go to the action menu and pick to publish it.  the menu that comes up there is no WSUS server to pick from. Thank again for the help, I appreciate any and all additional recommendations.

• ok After several days of trouble shooting I was able to identify the issue.  On the WSUS;

In the WSUS Administration council

In the Options Pane under source and proxy server I had "Synch from another windows Server"

once I changed it to "Synch from Microsoft Update" the server showed up under the publish package options.

• Ah, gotcha.
    Basically, the mechanism that Microsoft allows for package publishing to get 3rd party updates into WSUS requires that the machine you are publishing to is the ​UPSTREAM WSUS server.  You can't publish to a downstream WSUS.