This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Wait before applying Orion Platform 2017.3 Hotfix 3! Current 12/13/2017

I saw a new Hotfix on the Support Portal yesterday, and one of the Solarwinds staff recommended I deploy it to address new issues.

There was no link to documentation about the Hotfix, so I downloaded it but did not install it.  Instead I opened a case with SW Support this morning about it, asking for a documentation link, and caveats.

Here's the response I just received:

-----------(quoted SW Support response begins)--------------

Here is the release notes for that hotfix:

https://support.solarwinds.com/Success_Center/Orion_Platform/Orion_Documentation/Orion_Platform_2017.3_Hotfix_3

Kindly do not apply that hotfix yet as our development
team is still fixing some issues with it. We do not have the timeline as of the
moment on when it will be fully ready.

Regards,

SolarWinds Technical Support

------------(response ends)------------

• Thank you for posting this... I have been attempting to install this on my dev servers (offline) for the past two days... I had been thinking that I was going insane, and that I was the only one with issues.. The error I am/was receiving, mind you I am in an offline environment... "

We are unable to download file Core_2017.3.5320.zip. Please check your internet connection and try again. Alternatively, copy the URL Customer Portal Login | SolarWinds to a browser on a server with internet access and download the offline version of the installer. Error details: Can't download file Core_2017.3.5320.zip.

the url link is to an offline installer for VNQM....

very frustrated, but glad I can stop beating my head on the wall.

Thanks again.

For the solarwinds techs outthere, please repost NPM 12.2 hotfix 2.. that is really what I need.

• I was told by support today that a recut HF3 had been made and I was able to download it but I have not deployed it yet.

• Good Luck, I downloaded both yesterday and today.. No Joy.. if you get it working, please let me know.

Again, good luck!

• were you able to get upgraded to the latest after we repacked the hotfixes?