This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

LEM as a netconsole host?

We had an issue with our KEMP LoadMasters last week where some virtual services were removed from the configuration and we/KEMP cannot explain why. One of their suggestions is to setup a netconsole host since the syslogs sent to LEM from the load balancers didn't help with finding the root cause.

This is the first time I've heard of a netconsole host and I'm wondering if LEM can be setup as a receiver for this function? I'd hate to have to setup a separate server just for this.

Thanks in advance!

Regards,

Keith

• Hello Keith,

While the LEM is a linux based server, it's a sealed appliance from your side so you wouldn't be able to use the LEM to set this up.  If you haven't seen it already, it looks like this is what they want you to set up:

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Kernel/Netconsole

It looks like you might be able to send the messages via syslog, but I don't see a connector for it, so you would need a connector request if you wanted LEM to process the data.

• Hello!

Yes, I've looked up what netconsole is and what is needed, but I just wondered if LEM would be able to read those messages. Doesn't seem like they are much different from typical syslogs.

I do currently have a case open with SW to create connectors for KEMP, but that's still in the process so I guess I'll need to think about another solution.

Thanks for the reply!

-Keith