This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Perfstack: Adjust Real Time Polling Interval

Greetings,

Is it possible to adjust the polling interval for Perfstack's real-time polling?

The reason why I need to adjust this is that the current 1 second polling interval is much shorter than the time it takes for SNMP counters for interfaces to update. The result is that when I use Perfstack to monitor traffic on an interface in real time, it comes out looking like the attached image (the interface pictured is a 60G LACP channel). If there were some way to adjust the polling interval from 1 second, to say 5 or 10 seconds it would smooth this graph out nicely.

Thanks in advance for any help you can offer!

• I found out how to adjust the polling interval for real-time polling and wanted to share in case anyone else has the same question in the future.

You can find a file called "Perfstack.Settings.json" which has the configuration for this. In my installation, it's located in "C:\Program Files (x86)\SolarWinds\Orion\Configuration\Settings".

The following section of the file controlls the polling interval:

{"Name":"PerfStack.Settings.RealtimePollRateSeconds","DataType":"System.Int32","DefaultValue":1,"Description":"The Real-Time Polling rate, the number of seconds between samples (Min 1, Max 15).","ServiceRestartDependencies":null,"AllowServerOverride":false,"Deprecated":false,"Prefix":"PerfStack.Settings","IsGroupMember":true,"Values":null,"AllowedOnPoller":true,"AllowedOnWebsite":false}

The number next to "DefaultValue" can be changed to adjust the real time polling interval. I changed it to 10 seconds and my graphs are much smoother now (see attached). This change was made on both of my polling engines for consistency, so if you have multiple polling engines, you'll have to change it on each one I think.

PerfstackAfter.PNG

• Hello,

Do you know if this change needs to be made on the master or master and all APE's?

I have one of our architects bring this issue to my attention.

Thanks
    Ken