This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Powershell Component Monitor - Return a list?

Hello, I am new to setting up component monitors so I am not sure if what I want to do is possible.

I would like to run a Powershell script that polls our RD Gateway servers and returns a list of users that are currently connected through the Gateway as well as the number of people connected. I have no problem getting the script to return the number of people connected but I cannot get it to return an array of values. It seems that it only wants to return a single line.

My ultimate goal is to setup a view in Solarwinds which will display this information for each Gateway server.

I have tried returning a single varaiable that contains the entire array as well as trying to return each line, one by one (which is below). Neither worked.

#number of sessions on the gateway

$numSessions = 0

#Cycle through each connection

foreach ($curitem in (Get-WmiObject -class "Win32_TSGatewayConnection" -ComputerName servername -namespace "root\cimv2\TerminalServices") ) {

$returnVal = $curitem | select username
     Write-Host "Message.$numSessions : $returnVal"

$numSessions++
}

Write-Host "Statistic.List: $numSessions"
exit 0;

Is what I want to do possible? If so, how do I return a list of values? If not, is there another way to do Powershell reporting through Solarwinds that I have overlooked.

Thanks in advance for any help.

-Chris