This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

How do I import MIB's?

I have mib database. I want it to show up when I browse for mibs.  How do I import it?

• When you unzip the file there will be a ReadMe that will tell you where to copy it, but it should be the C:\ProgramData\SolarWinds folder. Just look for the MIBs.cfg file and you will know that you are in the right place.

• I'm not unzipping anything, I just have a text file with a .mib extension that I've downloaded from a vendor.  In the folder that you mentioned there is a mib.cfg file that is over a GB in size and yet when I browse for mibs in Orion I see nothing, exactly 0.

This used to be much easier in the old version, there was an app for importing mib's but that seems to be gone now in this all web version.

• Solarwinds Team have update mib data base 2x for months. You wiil receive file for to execute in your environment. Before you can send this file for solarwinds team .

• I'm not sure I understand.  Do you want me to send these .mib files to someone? Who?  Also if there is already a mib database included with Orion then why do I see no mibs?

• Ok, now I get it. Solarwinds does not allow the direct import of MIBs for the purpose of general SNMP polling. The process I am referring to allows you to download an updated file named "MIBs.cfg" in the form of a zip file from your customer portal. That file is ONLY used by the Universal Device Poller tool to allow you to configure custom OID pollers for nodes and interfaces. However, you can use the Manage Polers feature in the web console to configure custom CPU. memory and node details pollers for use with SNMP-polled devices that are reporting with an "unknown" machine type. In any event, you cannot import a MIB file directly into SolarWinds. Does that help?

• NoMibs.png

I just want to browse through mibs and select what I want to monitor.  If they removed this feature then why is there a MIB browser button at all?