Which version of Orion and SAM are you using? This seems to be an error introduced in the latest update to Orion. I had similar alerts configured and working. After the upgrade, this error started appearing.
I saw a posting referencing this very issue, and yes, I'm on all latest versions. I was hoping I was doing something wrong.
It looks like the latest Hotfix for the Orion Platform has fixed this issue.
I have not installed the hotfix yet, but I am planning on it soon and I will verify if this issue is fixed or not.
Orion Platform 2017.3 Hotfix 3 issues
SolarWinds Orion Platform 2017.3 Hotfix 3 addresses the following issues:
- DPI / QoE overloads SQL database by queries
- When agent deployment fails because VC++ runtime requires repair, the repair does not run automatically
- Alerting: macro parsing issues
- Cloud widgets not available in the Orion Web Console
- NetFlow query failing in PerfStack
- No default metrics for Azure VM in PerfStack
- Load Average metrics not available in the default PerfStack template
- Perfstack charts don't match associated statistics
- User-defined dependencies are immediately auto-managed
- In Diagnostics, the case ID field displays NetSuite ID, not the required SalesForce ID
- The Manage Entities page shows a server error
We installed the HF here last night, and it fixed this problem.