3 Replies Latest reply on Dec 1, 2017 9:17 AM by bellis1

Duplicate/Unwanted Alert & Events

bellis1

Hi all,

I'm a relatively new user to SW and I'm seeing a lot of "noise" in the form of alerts and events. I'm working on building a solid foundation before I import all of my devices and my current focus is to see what I want and don't what I don't. I was hoping some of you could help me or point me in the right direction of disabling some of the events/alerts that are duplicates or unnecessary.

For example... we had 5 or 6 servers reboot last night due to updates. I saw 10 alerts PER SERVER which seems completely unnecessary.  This is what I'm referring to:

*Agent Unavailable*      Agent SRV1 became unavailable

*Alert Triggered*            SRV1's packet loss has risen above 40% to 90%

*Alert Unavailable*        SRV1 has stopped responding (Request timed out)

*Alert Triggered*           Node SRV1 is Down

*Node Rebooted*         SRV1 rebooted at 11/30/2017 3:27:00 AM

*Alert Triggered*           Node SRV1 has rebooted at Thursday, November 30, 2017 3:25 AM

*Agent Available*          SRV1 is responding again. Response time is 0 milliseconds.

*Agent Available*          Agent SRV1 became available

*Alert Reset*                 Node SRV1 is up.

*Alert Reset*                 Node SRV1 packet loss has dropped from above 40% to below 5% and is currently 0%.

I would love to turn off/disable:

* All agent alerts (I am also monitoring them as nodes so I will know if they are down).

* Get rid of packet loss alerts (both the last alert reset & alert triggered).

* Duplicate reboot alerts (lines 5, 6)

This would leave only 4 which are completely relevant:

*Alert Unavailable*        SRV1 has stopped responding (Request timed out)

*Alert Triggered*           Node SRV1 is Down

*Node Rebooted*         SRV1 rebooted at 11/30/2017 3:27:00 AM

*Alert Reset*                 Node SRV1 is up.

Thanks all,

Brandon