This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

WPM Playback - Player Vs. Recorder

Hi all,

I have been having issues with a replacement transaction recently, whereby the transaction plays perfectly in the recorder, yet when playing through the player it shows as having a password error.

So far, we have recorded the same transaction around four times, each with slight variations on username and log in input, such as clicking over tabbing to the next field, waits between automatic type, etc. but always with the same login credentials. Each time, the transaction plays perfectly on the recorder, yet when loaded on to Solarwinds and played through the same player location as the recorder fails when the password is input.

Strangely, this occurs on other players as well.

Other transactions have been recorded and are working without issues.

Any ideas?

• Having the same issue trying to test the Azure login. The old login method worked fine, Microsoft recently changed to their new login page so I had to re-record the test. When I record it properly accepts the user name, then goes to the password input page. When playing back it thinks nothing was typed in to the user name field, even though I see it in there. It can't get past this, trying different ways with clicks or tabs to get in to the field and then have it type the user name. Very frustrating.

• pastedImage_1.png

Have you tried typing the correct password for your login with the Edit button?

Then you might save that trans and run it on a player to see how it goes.

• Yes tried typing in the correct password suggestion. Issue is still apparent.

• Try to use XY mode to type in the text. Some pages don't detect text written by WPM using default input method as of now.

• Thanks for this, this has helped with another issue we have been having!

Unfortunately it hasn't helped with this one.

The only other thing I can think of that is causing issues is the authentication on the page, however if this was the case, we would have issues with other recordings.

Many thanks,

J

• I'm also seeing the same issue

This all works during the transaction recording and only fails during PLAYBACK.

Started with failed login with mixed up characters (yellow background)

I moved to an XY recording to help correct and when I play the transaction the "@" in user@mycompany.com gets CHANGED to a " (doublequote) user"mycompany.com.

MS obviously responds with a "Enter a Valid Email Address"

This has stopped all of our azure and office online tests since Feb 2nd.

• Have you managed to make any progress with your azure and office online tests. As we are migrating more services to the cloud we are increasingly dependant on WPM tests to be able to monitor service availabilty.

• It's been 20 days with no fix or suggested workaround.  I'm told the case is with the Applications Engineering team.

We are in the mists of network changes and this is really impacting our ability to track o365 / azure performance changes.

• Hello jnewell,  Any luck with fixing this issue on your end?  Solarwinds support has not progressed in resolving this issue for us over the past month+. emoticons_sad.png

• Hello all, we were provided a work around where we:

-Use the XY method to make the recording

-Export the recording

-Text Edit the .recording file (change keyboardLayout="67699721")

-Import the recording

-Save the recording to Orion

While this manual workaround is not elegant, it got our monitoring going again.

We are still looking forward to a proper resolution to the issue.

Thanks