This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

NCM Switch Stack Config Change Template 'Complete Status' Far Too Early

Good Morning all,  just curious if anyone else has had this same issue and have been able to resolve it..

I have a config change template that will update the image on our switch stacks.  This Config Change template is setup to use the

archive download-sw  command.  We do this because we only want the .bin file loaded and all of our switch deployments are stacks.

The Script in the Change Control Template is running and the stack will eventually upgrade but I am getting a completion far too early in the 'Transfer Status' screen.  When we see the Status of the transfer is complete and we click on the link for the 'Show Script Results'  This is all that is shown....

---

archive download-sw /imageonly /leave-old-sw t10.164.7.248/c2960x-universalk9-tar.152-2.E5.tar

Loading c2960x-universalk9-tar.152-2.E5.tar from 10.164.7.248 (via Vlan14): !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[OK - 26900480 bytes]

Loading c2960x-universalk9-tar.152-2.E5.tar from 10.164.7.248 (via Vlan14): !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

examining image...

extracting info (109 bytes)

extracting c2960x-universalk9-mz.152-2.E5/info (786 bytes)

extracting info (109 bytes)

Stacking Version Number: 1.56

System Type:             0x00000000

Ios Image File Size:   0x0144B200

Total Image File Size: 0x019A7A00

Minimum Dram required: 0x08000000

Image Suffix:          universalk9-152-2.E5

Image Directory:       c2960x-universalk9-mz.152-2.E5

Image Name:            c2960x-universalk9-mz.152-2.E5.bin

Image Feature:         IP|LAYER_2|SSH|3DES|MIN_DRAM_MEG=128

FRU Module Version:    No FRU Version Specified

Old image for switch 1: flash:/c2960x-universalk9-mz.150-2.EX5

Old image will be left alone

Old image for switch 2: flash2:/c2960x-universalk9-mz.150-2.EX5

Old image will be left alone

Extracting images from archive into flash...

--------------

At this point only the 'update' folder exist on the switch the extract process can take as long as 20 minutes or longer depending on the size of the stack.  I would expect that NCM would wait until the extract process is complete and then update the Transfer Status page with complete and have the text that is echoed back to the screen during the extract process in the script results link.  Has anyone else notices this or do I have my script setup with the wrong procedure?  My script portion is below.

-----------------------------------------

script UpgradeIOS (

NCM.Nodes @ContextNode,

string @IOS_FILENAME )

{

//lets generate the CLI command that will upgrade the switch from the info gathered.

string @CommandLine = 'archive download-sw /imageonly /leave-old-sw tftp://${StorageAddress}/' + @IOS_FILENAME

//Make sure there are no spaces in filename

if (@IOS_FILENAME contains ' ')

{}

else

// Make sure the switch doesn't already have the correct OS Version

if ( @ContextNode.OSVersion StartsWith '15.2(2)' )

{}

else

{

foreach ( @node in @ContextNode )

{

if (@node.OSImage StartsWith 'C2960X-')

{

CLI

{

@CommandLine

}

}