This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Alerting: Double Value Comparison with Custom Properties or Variable Comparison

I am trying to create an hourly check on a heartbeat timestamp that is received as a custom property. The heartbeat timestamp comes in via API with format: 2017-11-17​T06:44:47-0​8:00.

First I tried creating an alert using date and time variables. I noticed when using the syslog date and time variables in custom properties, they would actually populate properly. Ex: I created a custom property with: ${YEAR}-${MM}-${DD}T${HH}  and it would show as: 2017-11-17​T09. So I tried creating an hourly alert that would make sure the Heartbeat timestamp started with: ${YEAR}-${MM}-${DD}T${HH}. This didn't work

I also tried doing a Double Value Comparison alert. The check would be to compare the Heartbeat custom property and make sure it started with the Date_Hour custom property that i made (which is still just the ${YEAR}-${MM}-${DD}T${HH}). This didn't work either.

Neither one of these would trigger an alert when I manually changed the Heartbeat to a different time.

Any suggestions or help with this would be much appreciated.