2 Replies Latest reply on Nov 16, 2017 12:18 PM by chucksimalchik

SAM Administrator Query

chucksimalchik

I'm trying to get a quick view of all of my SAM admins without opening every Orion account and paging down to the SAM User Role field. Can I get that out of the DB using a simple query? I don't see a table that seems to be the one that would contain that right, and it isn't in the "accounts" table.

• Re: SAM Administrator Query
          kpmarcin

Hello Chuck,

First I have checked SolarWinds SDK, but the information about SAM Admin privileges is not available there (maybe I am missing something).

The only way I found is a custom SQL query. My test SolarWinds database is "SolarWindsOrionV3" and I am querying table "dbo.APM_WebUserPermissions".

In the past, SAM module had a different name - APM - and you can still find it inside the system from time to time.

I created below simple query, which I tested and it is working as expected.

You will need to use "SQL Management Studio", "SolarWinds Database Manager" or other SQL software to run it.

SELECT *

FROM [SolarWindsOrionV3].[dbo].[APM_WebUserPermissions]

WHERE PermissionName = 'APM.AllowAdmin' AND PermissionValue = 'True'

And the results look as below:

You can go one step further and create a SAM custom SQL query template and monitor the number of SAM admins using SolarWinds. A simple auditor monitoring

I hope this will help you.

Kind regards,

Marcin Kazmierczak.

---

IT-Indago Ltd. - Authorized Reseller & SolarWinds Certified SCP Professional

IT-Indago – Be In Control!